UK VISA APPLICATIONS
Depending on the country you are travelling from, you may need a visa to study with us in the UK. Oxford International is happy to refer you to the relevant information for the country you are travelling from. However, first we recommend you look at the UK Border Agency website by clicking here.
Type of student visas for the United Kingdom:
- Short Term Student Visa (6 Months): Study in the UK for up to 6 months with these visas, for applicants aged 18+
- Short Term Student Visa (Child): Study in the UK for up to 6 months with these visas, for applicants aged under 18
- Short Term Student Visa (11 Months): Study in the UK for up to 11 months with these visas, for applicants aged 18+
- Standard Visitor Visa: This visa permits study at Oxford International for up to 30 days providing that study is not the main reason for the visit to the UK.
- Tier 4 General Student Visa: For applicants aged 16 and over wanting to study a long-term programme for more than 11 months.
Note: If travelling to the UK on a different type of visitor visa, such as tourist, academic or business visa, you can study English for up to 6 weeks. If, however, your main reason for coming to the UK is to study, then you need to apply for the relevant student visitor visa, see above.
USA VISA APPLICATIONS
To receive a student visa for the U.S. – known as an I-20 – you must schedule an interview at your nearest U.S. embassy. Be sure to check the instructions for your country. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website recommends students contact the US Embassy or Consulate in their country 90 days in advance of their arrival in the USA. Please consider this when applying for a course at one of our schools in the USA.
Oxford International can support you throughout the process by explaining what information you may need to submit. For information on USA Visa Applications, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html
CANADA VISA APPLICATIONS
Depending on the country you are travelling from, you may need a visa to study with us in Canada. You may need a temporary resident visa, an electronic travel authorization (eTA), or study permit. You should make sure you apply for your visa before you travel to Canada.
For information on Canadian visa applications, please visit www.cic.gc.ca or speak with a certified immigration consultant.
To contact us about your visa requirements, please fill out an enquiry form here.