We are excited to announce that the Government of Canada has confirmed that as of October 1st, all COVID-19 entry restrictions, as well as testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements for any travellers entering Canada will be lifted.
As of Saturday, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- provide proof of vaccination;
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation; and
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving in Canada.
In addition, Transport Canada is also removing further existing travel requirements. Again, as of October 1st, travellers will no longer be required to:
- undergo health checks for travel on air and rail; or
- wear masks on planes and trains.
Further information can be found on the Government of Canada website.
This announcement confirming the end of Canada’s remaining COVID-19 travel requirements is fantastic news for our school, our partners, and our students, and will mean a return to “normal” international travel to Canada later this week, making it much easier for students to travel and study at our Vancouver, Toronto, and Halifax schools, as well as at our seasonal Junior and group programs. It has been a long wait for us all, but with travel returning to pre-pandemic levels, we look forward to welcoming more students to our Canadian schools very soon!